Summary of life at Red
Our region is at RED LIGHT because:
- Action needed to protect health system – system facing unsustainable number of hospitalisations.
- Action needed to protect at-risk populations.
- Record keeping/scanning required
- Face coverings mandatory in some places (e.g. on flights, public transport, taxis, retail, education (Year 4 and up, including tertiary), public facilities) and encouraged elsewhere
- Public facilities (e.g. libraries, museums, public pools) – open with capacity limits based on 1m distancing
- Retail (including farmers markets) – open with capacity limits based on 1m distancing
- Education (schools & ECE) – open with public health measures in place
- Workplaces – working from home may be appropriate for some staff
Council Services and Facilities at Red
Our Council facilities are open across the District at Red but with some restrictions in place.
Physical distancing and good hygiene is a must for the safety of our community and staff. Please follow directions and guidelines from our staff when entering our facilities.
Please contact our Customer Experience team in the first instance for all enquiries.
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report It - Request for Service Form - www.rangitikei.govt.nz/reportitform
- Phone - 0800 422 522 (24 hrs)
Please be patient and kind as we all adhere to the Traffic Light rules.
Facilities / Services
Updated: 2 December 2021
- Where permitted occupancy numbers allow for 100 persons or more, the maximum number allowed at these facilities will be 100.
- Any public entering these sites sign in using the QR Code.
- Two metre physical distancing must be complied with.
- Vaccine Passes may be required before entry.
|Service / Facility||Status||Details|
|Offices - Marton and Taihape||OPEN|
Number of people entering will be restricted, please follow instructions from our staff when entering our staff.
All enquiries: 0800 422 522 (24hrs) or email@example.com
|Libraries - Marton, Taihape and Bulls||OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS|
All enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Information Centres -Bulls and Taihape||OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS|
including Building Control, Consenting, Animal Control, Licensing, Environmental Health, Noise Control
Normal services will resume.
Any inspections will be undertaken using the requirements under Red. Where appropriate PPE, masks / face coverings will be worn.
|Pools - Marton, Taihape and Hunterville||OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS|
Social distancing regulations apply, please ring ahead to book use of pool and changing room facilities to avoid waiting delays.
Marton Swim Centre 06 327 7666, Taihape Swim Centre 06 388 0006
Hunterville Pool Closed.
|Youth Spaces - Marton and Taihape||CLOSED|
|All Community Halls|
OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS
|Fill & Go Water Filter Tap - Marton Memorial Hall||OPEN|
Please use good hygiene practices and wipe down the tap for the next person.
Mandatory COVID Tracer QR Code scanning required.
|Cemeteries||OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS|
Contact email@example.com for protocols for burials and services.
|Parks & Reserves|
OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS
|Playgrounds and Skateparks||OPEN|
|Waste Transfer Stations||OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS|
Waste Transfer Stations will operate normal opening hours and operations (including recycling) with the required safety protocols in place.
See Waste Transfer Station in our region for more information.
Please be aware there could be delays entering the premises so be patient and observe the road rules.
Eftpos only (No Cash).
|Kerbside Collections||OPEN||Will continue as normal. Services operated by private companies.|
More information >
For more information see Unite Against Covid - Life at Red.