Register for MyIR
myIR is Inland Revenue’s secure online services facility.
You can use it to:
- whether you are due a tax refund or have tax to pay;
- your student loan;
- your Working for Families Tax Credits;
- KiwiSaver payments;
- your child support payments;
- apply for COVID resurgence support payments
- file a tax return;
- apply for parental leave payments;
- update your details (eg the bank account that any tax refund amounts should go into).
Follow our Digital Engagement Coordinator navigate applying online in this friendly tutorial >
To register for a secure IRD online account you will need an IRD number and an email address. During the registration process you will also need to provide your name and date of birth.