Help us plan for a bright future in the Rangitīkei District.

How to Apply

How do I apply for and obtain a Building Consent?

Submitting a good quality application with all the necessary information can reduce delays in processing. If you are unfamiliar with building plans and compliance with the Building Code, you may need to engage a professional to supply the required drawings and information. They can also apply for a building consent on your behalf.

More information Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment - Apply for building consent

You will need to complete the prescribed Building Consent Form.

Building Consent/PIM Application Form

Building Consent/PIM Woodfire Application Form

and attach two copies of the plans and specifications relevant to the proposed building work, as well as the required deposit or fixed fee.

The Building Consent application form must be completed in full, and readable to ensure information is clearly understood.

The Building Consent/PIM Application Guide provides you with comprehensive guidance on how to fill out the form correctly. If you require further assistance the Council will be happy to assist, please contact the Regulatory Team on (0800)422522.

Note: No work may be commenced until a Building Consent is issued.

Please further note that it is very important that you ensure that where relevant your consent includes proposed inspections, maintenance and reporting procedures for specified systems.

See Required Plans Page.

You are able to submit the application form by:

  1. Mailing the application to the Rangitikei District Council Office, Private Bag 1102 Marton, 4710
  2. Dropping it off at the front counter at either the Marton Office (46 High Street, Marton) or the Taihape Office (90-92 Hautapu Street, Taihape)
  3. Emailing the application and documentation to (fees and charges for photocopying apply).