District Licensing Committee Members
The purpose of the District Licensing Committee (DLC) is to consider and determine contested applications made under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act, 2012.
The commissioner of the committee may determine uncontested license and manager certificate applications and renewal applications alone while contested applications and other application types must be heard by the full committee.
The following individuals have been appointed to the DLC for the 1 February to 31 January 2023 tenure.
|Deputy Chair||Mayor Andy Watson|
The committee considers and determines contested applications for:
- new and renewed licences and manager’s certificates
- variation of licences
- temporary authorities and special licences.
The Committee may also be required to:
- conduct inquiries and make reports required of it by the Alcohol Regulatory and Licensing Authority (ARLA)
- consider suspension or variation of special licences
- undertake any other functions conferred on the DLC under the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act, 2012.
The specific functions, powers and duties of the committee are contained in Subpart 6 of the Act.