At Rangitīkei District Council we celebrate individuality. Diversity is at the heart of what we do, and we believe in bringing together thoughts, perspectives, and expression from all kinds of backgrounds. People are key to building the best organisation and providing the best services for our community. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences. Our team strive to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
Our commitment is to provide our staff with every opportunity for training and development to not only ensure that they are at the top of their professions, but to encourage a balance between work and play that allows you to enjoy life.
Our vision is to make this place home.
We are driven by our values.
We aim to be an outstanding place to work, where people feel a sense of common purpose and take pride in what we accomplish.
Our smaller structure means when you join RDC you can make a real difference. Our close-knit team have an impact on one another and the local community every day.
If you are interested in getting involved in new and exciting opportunities, there is always support available to help you stretch and achieve your goals.
We have created a new advanced specialist role, to provide management and oversight of the asset management of all Council owned assets. This includes all 3-waters infrastructure, buildings, parks and reserves and solid waste assets. This position will manage and successfully deliver asset and activity management plans across the portfolio, ensuring they meet operational needs and resilience requirements.
You’ll be a strong leader ready to support and grow a team that will have significant impact across our communities and the organisation. Our Asset Manager will develop and foster a continuous improvement mentality within the newly established team. This role will give a platform for a senior manager with the relevant experience, attitude, and qualities provide real and long-lasting benefits to Rangitīkei.
This is a fixed term role to 30 June 2024, 40 hours per week, based in Marton but with option for flexible working arrangements.
What you'll do
- Review and develop the asset management strategy to prepare for growth and sustainable asset management in the district
- Investigate, review, and implement an asset management approach
- Create asset management policies
- Implement transparent and responsible asset management processes
- Support and feed into the preparation of Council’s Budgets, Long Term Plan, Annual Plan, 30 Year Infrastructure Strategy, Asset Management Plans, Business Plans, Development Contributions Policy
- Manage and deliver all asset valuation requirements
- Prepare and manage maintenance and renewal schedules for all assets
- Identify all relevant legislative, regulatory, and statutory requirements together with political, social, economic, and environmental requirements
- Bringing up to date and maintaining the asset management software to record and track information on all assets the organisation
- Schedule and plan the programme of works for the Long-Term Plan and Annual plan, including asset investigations and renewals
- Provide quality leadership and oversight to Asset Management staff and contractors
What we're looking for
- A tertiary qualification in an appropriate area
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Proven experience in Asset Management with good knowledge of the Local Government infrastructure sector
- Proven experience in the management of external suppliers and contractors
- Proven maintenance management and planning experience
- Proven strategic planning experience
- Excellent planning and operational skills
- Ability to communicate at a high level to a range of audiences
- Experience creating whole of life refurbishment and replacement plans renewals project delivery would be advantageous
- Flexible and remote working options
- Personalised career and development plans
- Individual training allowances
- Tailored wellness benefits
- Social club
For any enquiries about this role please contact Adina Foley on Adina.firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 252 3096.
The Rangitīkei District Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.