Asbestos Management Plan 2018
Rangitikei District Council has a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act (Asbestos) Regulations 2016 to prepare and maintain asbestos management plans for all of its workplaces by 1 April 2018.
The purpose of the plans is to ensure that as far as reasonably practicable, no persons whether employed, visiting (including tenants), or contracted to work on, Council’s premises are exposed to the risk of the inhalation of asbestos fibres. This will be achieved by:
- identifying all asbestos on Council premises (or assuming it is present)
- keeping records of asbestos presence and labelling it
- either removing or managing the asbestos and documenting reasons for the decision to remove or manage it
- communicating about asbestos with affected parties
- managing work associated with and/or near asbestos to minimise exposure to asbestos dust.