Who can stand in the election?
You can stand for Rangitīkei District Council if you are:
• a New Zealand citizen; and
• aged over 18; and
• enrolled on the parliamentary electoral roll.
Nominations open on 19 July and close on 16 August 2019.
If you intend on standing, please download the following forms:
• Rangitīkei District Council Candidate Book. This contains all the information you will need to know for the election.
• A Candidate's Guide to Local Body Elections (for an independent perspective)
• Nomination Form for relevant ward/position
The Council needs people from all walks of life to reflect and help shape the future of the district.
Candidate nominations open on 19 July 2019.