Information for standing
Download a copy of the nomination forms via the links below:
Who is standing in this election?
Check out who's put their hand up below.
You can stand for Rangitīkei District Council if you are:
- a New Zealand citizen; and
- aged over 18; and
- enrolled on the parliamentary electoral roll.
Visit this page to learn more about what it means to be an elected member.
Download a copy of our candidate handbook for a comprehensive guide on standing in a local government election.
We also encourage you to refer to the Candidate Briefing Presentation, provided by the Electoral Officer for our Council. This provides a broad overview of the process for candidates in the Rangitikei District.
You can also check out Local Government New Zealand's Guide to Local Authority Elections for more information.
Candidate nominations are open from 15 July 2022 until 12 August 2022 at 12 noon.
The nomination process involves:
- Completing an official nomination form and sending to the Council’s electoral officer.
- Obtaining nominations from two people - candidates cannot nominate themselves, and people who nominate candidates must be over 18 years old and enrolled to vote in the area the candidate is planning to stand.
- Candidates must consent to their nomination going forward.
- A $200 deposit must be paid, which may be refunded depending on election results.