Community Initiatives Fund
Funding Round Now Closed
Next Round Date To Be Advised
This is a Council fund intended to support community-based projects in the Rangitikei district that develop community cohesion and community resilience. The fund is awarded by the Finance / Performance Committee.
Applications are open to groups (not individuals) whose projects show benefit in one of the following areas:
• Community service and support
• Leisure promotion
• Heritage and environment.
Applications are open to local groups as well as those from outside the Rangitikei, however, clear benefit to the Rangitikei must be demonstrated. An example is a community support group for diabetes sufferers.
There are two funding rounds per year, usually opening in June and November. Grants will usually be up to a maximum of $2,500 for any project in any one financial year.
To apply, fill in the form which will be linked below once available. This is a writable PDF which can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org however you can also print it out and fill it in manually. You will also find copies at Council offices and libraries in Marton, Bulls, Hunterville, and Taihape.
Further information for the fund and the scheme are available by:
visiting the Council’s offices
46 High Street, Marton
92 Hautapu Street, Taihape
phoning the Council on 0800 422 522
or emailing Christin.Ritchie@rangitikei.govt.nz
Results for 2017-2018
Funding Round One
On 27 July 2017 the Finance/Performance Committee met to discuss and allocate funding for the Community Initiatives Fund. Twelve applications were received for this funding round. This is the first funding round for the 2017-2018 year. Both the Committee and the Rangitikei District Council would like to congratulate the following groups on their successful applications to the Fund:
- Clifton School Kapahaka Group - uniforms
- Marton & Surrounds ICT Hub – Marton, Ratana, and Hunterville computer clubs
- Ratana Communal Board – playground redevelopment
- Royal NZ Plunket – Parent education programme
- Bulls & District Historical Society – Restoration of the original Scott’s Ferry
- Project Marton – Future Leaders Forum
- Marton Community Garden – Garden bed build Part II
- Majestic Theatre Trust – Majestic Theatre centennial
- Wanganui Area Neighbourhood Support Group – Junior Neighbourhood support
- Whangaehu Hall Committee – Whangaehu Hall restoration
- Rangitikei Heritage Group – Les Vincent’s Memoirs
- Alzheimers’ Whanganui – The Group
Funding Round Two
- Taihape Playcentre
- Project LiteFoot
- Marton Friendship Club
- Bulls Toy Library
- Marton School