Creative Communities Scheme
Next Round Opens Monday 2 October 2017
This fund is supplied by Creative NZ and administered by the Rangitikei District Council. Members of the public are nominated to the Committee, and are joined by a Councillor and the Mayor. Committee terms are for three years, with the latest term beginning in November 2016.
Applications are encouraged from community groups and individuals whose projects:
- demonstrate growth over time
- develop and support local artistic communities
- encourage a transfer or artistic skills.
- diversity, inclusion, and projects with a youth focus are also encouraged.
An example is workshops teaching kids screen-printing techniques to create posters for display.
There are two funding rounds per year, usually opening in March and October. Before beginning the application process we recommend you read the guide:
To apply, fill in the form which will be linked below once available. This is a writable PDF which can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org however you can also print it out and fill it in manually. You will also find copies at Council offices and libraries in Marton, Bulls, Hunterville, and Taihape.
Applications close on Friday 27 October 2017.
If you would like to speak with a committee member before completing your application, or if you aren't sure whether your project will qualify for funding, please contact the administrator: Christin.Ritchie@rangitikei.govt.nz
Decisions on applications will be made at the Creative NZ Funding Assessment Committee Meeting 29th November 2017 .
Further information for the fund is available by:
- visiting the Council’s offices at 46 High Street, Marton or 92 Hautapu Street, Taihape
- or phoning the Council on 0800 422 522
- or emailing Christin.Ritchie@rangitikei.govt.nz
Results for 2016/17
Round 1 (November 2016)
- Samoan Support Committee: 10 Years in Marton Magazine
- Marton Players: Rangitikei’s Got Talent
- Turakina Caledonian Society: 153rd Highland Games
- Project Marton Inc: Arts for Harvest Fair
- Taihape Community Development Trust: Workshops
Round 2 (April 2017)
- Connected Media Charitable Trust: Film making workshops
- Marton Arts and Craft Centre: 2017 Exhibition
- Marton Country Music Festival: 2018 Festival
- Marton Country Women's Institute: Crafts + Alive 2017
- Bulls and District Community Trust: Wear-a-Bull Arts 2017