Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund
Funding round is open now!
This fund is supplied by Sport NZ and administered by the Rangitikei District Council. The Committee is made up of two Councillors and the Mayor.
The fund was developed in response to concerns raised about the lack of participation in sport by young people living in rural communities. It is targeted at young people aged between 5 and 19 years, and is open to all rural sports clubs with eligible members who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
An example is petrol vouchers for travel to local sporting events.
There is one funding round per year, this will run from 1 March to 29 March 2018.
Before beginning the application process we recommend you check that your group is eligible for funding:
- are you a sports group with youth from 5-19 years of age?
- do you need financial help to travel to compete in your regular sporting competitions?
- are you in the Rangitikei district?
- are you happy to provide accountability evidence?
If you answered yes, then we may be able to help. Please note that this funding is only for travel to regular local events, not regional or national. You will find more detailed information in the document below.
To apply, fill in the form linked below. This is a writable PDF, but you can also print it out and fill it in manually. You will also find copies at Council offices and libraries in Marton, Bulls, Hunterville, and Taihape.
If you would like to speak with someone before completing your application, or if you aren't sure whether your group will qualify for funding, please contact the administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org...
Further information for the fund is available by:
- visiting the Council’s offices at 46 High Street, Marton or 92 Hautapu Street, Taihape
- or phoning the Council on 0800 422 522
- or emailing info@email@example.com
Results for 2016-2017
- Taihape Area School
- Hunterville Children’s Saturday Morning Sports Club
- Rangitikei College
- James Cook School