Sport New Zealand Rural Travel Fund
The funding round for 2022/23 opened 17 May 2022.
There is one funding round per year. The 2022/23 round opened Tuesday, 17 May and will close Thursday, 13 April 2023.
The Sport NZ Assessment Committee will meet 27 April 2023 to consider applications.
This fund is supplied by Sport NZ and administered by the Rangitīkei District Council. The Committee is made up of two Councillors and the Mayor.
The fund was developed in response to concerns raised about the lack of participation in sport by young people living in rural communities. It is targeted at young people aged between 5 and 18 years, and is open to all rural sports clubs (including school club teams) with eligible members who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
An example is petrol vouchers for travel to local sporting events.
Before beginning the application process we recommend you check that your group is eligible for funding:
- are you a sports group with youth from 5-19 years of age?
- do you need financial help to travel to compete in your regular sporting competitions?
- are you in the Rangitīkei district?
- are you happy to provide accountability evidence?
If you answered yes, then we may be able to help. Please note that this funding is only for travel to regular local events, not regional or national. You will find more detailed information in the document below:
You can access the application form here:
The application process is now online. If you need assistance completing your application, please contact the administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information for the fund is available by:
- visiting the Council’s offices at 46 High Street, Marton or 92 Hautapu Street, Taihape
- or phoning the Council on 0800 422 522
- or emailing info@email@example.com
Results for 2021/22
- Hunterville Sports Club Inc.
- Taihape Area School
- Nga Tawa Diocesan School