Reducing or Waiving Fees for Use of Council Facilities
|Date of adoption by Council||1 October 2015|
|Date by which review must be completed||Review as required|
|Relevant Legislation||Not applicable|
|Statutory or Operational Policy||Operational|
|Included in the LTP||No|
- To recognise in a tangible way the contribution made to the lives of District residents by a range of not-for-profit organisations or event organisers.
Council may reduce fees by 100% when
- The event is a community commemoration (such as Anzac Day).
Council may reduce fees by 50% when
- The organisation has been established for less than twelve months, or
- The organisation/event organiser is predominantly young people (under 20 years), or
- The activity or event has free entry to residents of the District, or
- The organisation or event organiser has secured financial assistance from Council’s Community Initiatives Fund or the Events Sponsorship Scheme for the activity or event.
Council may reduce fees by 25% when
- The activity or event commemorates the life or lives of individuals who have lived in the District and made a contribution to the community, or
- The organisation/event organiser can demonstrate hardship arising from loss of other sponsorship.
Council will not reduce or waive fees when
- The organisation or event organiser is raising funds for another organisation, event or individual, or
- The activity or event is primarily for the organisation making the application and at which the community will not typically have a presence, or
- The fee is a refundable bond against damage or payment of remaining fees if not waived.
- The Chief Executive is delegated to apply the policy on Council’s behalf. Where a greater reduction in fee is requested than the thresholds allow, the application will be referred to the Council for a decision.
- Local, community organisations are charged on-fifth of the hireage charges set for Council’s halls. Such automatic discounts do not apply to such organisations for the exclusive use of other Council facilities, including parks.