Fees and Charges - Dog Registration
Registration fees are set for all dogs over three months of age for each registration year. They shall be payable by 1 August in each registration year. An additional charge of 50% of the relevant fee will be applied to any fees due at 1 August, but not paid before that day
There shall be different fees for the relative costs of the registration and control of dogs for the following classes of dogs. These fees may be reviewed each year. In setting fees each year, Council will have regard to the following class of dog.
- Working Dogs
- Non-Working Dogs
- Non-Working Neutered/Spayed Dogs
- Non-Working Dogs - Approved Good Owner Classification
- Non-Working Neutered/Spayed Dogs - Approved Good Owner Classification
Note*: Approved Good Owner Classification fee covers inspection and monitoring costs
On registering a dog, the owner of that dog shall ensure that the label or disk issued by the Council is attached to a collar worn on the neck of the dog so registered.
Dogs found at large in public places will be impounded.
Pound fees are set for:
- The seizure and custody of dogs by Council’s Dog Control Officers or Dog Rangers.
- The sustenance of any dog while impounded.
- The destruction of any dog impounded.
The fees shall be greater for the second and subsequent impoundment of any dog within a 12-month period.
All fees must be paid before the dog is released from the pound.
Please use the link on the contents page to take you to the dog Registration Fees.