Skip to main content

Relocatable Buildings

If you are interested in relocating a building, you will need to provide us with the following documentation:

  • Site Plan with measurements to boundaries
  • LBP Design memorandum for foundations (only needed for residential relocatable applications)
  • Foundation plan details including subfloor bracing calculations, subfloor ventilation
  • Footing, foundation details *
  • Slab layout, foundation details *
  • Relocatable House Report done by a suitably qualified person [Relocatable House Report template]
  • Plumbing and Drainage details
  • Details of house access ie: steps
  • Certificate of Title less than 3 months old

Note: If you are intending to do building work related to the relocatable building, then this information can be provided with the consent application for processing and included in the approved plans.

*B1 for Foundations changed in November 2021

The 2021 MBIE changes to B1 were bought in because of the risk of liquefaction and as RDC have no mapped areas in our district for liquefaction we have now changed our requirements around ground bearing and confirming good ground.

This will need to be done by the following methods:

  • Importance Level 1 buildings, e.g.; outbuildings, will need testing as per NZ3604 3.3. This will be required at time of Foundation/Slab inspection.
  • All Commercial and Importance Level 2 and up buildings will require a full Geotech report
    to show ground bearing requirements in accordance with NZS 4404 as per the
    requirements of NZS 3604 3.1.3(G). The Geotech report will need to be submitted for
    processing with the Building Consent Application. Any consent applied for without the
    report will be put on hold till it is submitted.