Simpli - Building Consistency Through Collaboration
Rangitīkei District Council is one of more than 20 councils around the country that are working together to bring consistency to the building consent process.
The vision of the initiative, called Simpli, is to deliver a consistent and timely consenting experience with the aim of providing a simpler process for building consent applications.
For helpful video tutorials visit Help | Simpli - Building Consistency Through Collaboration
Simpli is a partnership between Central Government (Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment) and Local Government (local councils) to improve performance, consistency and service delivery across the building consent system. You can find out more about the Simpli initiative by visiting the website.
We now only accept consent applications via the online service provided by Simpli, an initiative set up to make applying for building consents simpler and faster.
How to start
- First you will need to set up a log in for the online service.
- You will need a valid email address and a password.
- Use this link: https://simpli.govt.nz/register to register to use the service.
- The login you create will be the one that you use to log into the online service from now on.
- The online service offers many exciting features including the ability to track the progress of your application, to collaborate with colleagues on applications and to use the same information to apply to different councils.
- Check out the videos on the apply online page of the Simpli website and the Help Centre in the portal once you are registered and logged in.
If you need help
The online service is designed to be intuitive to use, however a comprehensive set of guides have been designed to support you to understand and complete the applications for building work.
If you encounter any problems, please contact council on email@example.com