Required Plans

Residential/Commercial Construction

It is important that all plans and specifications supplied are of a high quality and level of detail. This helpful guide to applying for a building consent is available at the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment website.

If the quality of your application does not meet the required standard it may be returned to you or may increase the cost of processing.

  • Analysis of what work is required to fully comply with the Building Code
  • For renovations or extensions to existing buildings a proposal for upgrade including a list of benefits and sacrifices involved in the proposal is required
  • A site plan, contours, datum, floor levels nominated, with measurement to boundaries
  • Dimensioned floor plan for each level showing existing and proposed building work
  • An elevation plan with window ventilation and cladding detail
  • Two cross sections (one for garages and one for outbuildings)
  • A plumbing, drainage, storm water layout
  • Effluent disposal system details and plans
  • Footing, foundation details
  • Slab layout, foundation details
  • Pile plan and subfloor framing layout
  • Roof framing and bracing layout
  • Bracing schedule
  • Roof truss layout and design certificate
  • Truss, purlin fixing and location nominated
  • Weather tightness matrix
  • Exterior cladding and flashing details
  • Smoke detectors shown on plans
  • Specific engineering design calculations, details and Producer Statements identifying competence of the author
  • Existing vehicle crossing details
  • New crossing details
  • Distances to boundaries and width of the crossing
Commercial Only
  • Fire safety analysis
  • Analysis of current degree of compliance with means of escape and access and facilities for people with disabilities. This analysis must be performed by a competent person
  • Certificate of Public Use application form
  • Compliance Schedule

You are able to submit the application form by:

  • Mailing the application to the Rangitikei District Council Office, Private Bag 1102 Marton, 4710
  • Dropping it off at the front counter at either the Marton Office (46 High Street, Marton) or the Taihape Office (90-92 Hautapu Street, Taihape)
  • Emailing the application and documentation to